Some mornings I wake up, dreaming of sweet chocolatey-ness that I just want to wrap myself in! A bit extreme…perhaps, but I do love me some chocolate, especially in the form of Chocolate Brownies!
A little while back, I left my day job and to celebrate the day, I made a batch of brownies, as how else do you say goodbye to a bunch of awesome people, if not with sugar??? Hehe
I didn’t have a recipe on hand, so I searched and searched all over the Internet, until I found one that seemed to hit all the good spots. I made one or two lil tweaks and voila, we now have a super delish brownie that is gooey, bite-in-able, and of course, totally chocolatey.
I think it’s time for another batch!
(Makes about 16 squares)
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of cake flour
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- ½ tspn baking soda/bicarb
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- ¼ tspn of salt
- ½ cup of chopped up dark chocolate
- 8/10 Marie biscuits
- 30g extra chocolate for topping, with a tblspn of milk
(Bake at 175C)
- In a 20cm x 20cm oven dish, butter the base and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar, softened butter and vanilla together.
- Add in your eggs, one at a time and beat thoroughly.
- Now, add in all your dry ingredients, and the chopped up chocolate pieces.
- Crush up your Marie Biscuits into bite-size pieces, and add this to the chocolatey mixture.
- Pour into your oven dish, and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Once the brownies have cooled, melt your additional chocolate, with the tablespoon of milk. Brush this over your brownies and allow to set.
- Cut into 2.5cm squares and serve as is, or with ice-cream.